Originally written 7 AM
Simple words from a great man. Pope John Paul the Great's final will and testament spoke of his foundation:
"As the end of my life approaches," he wrote, "I return with my memory to the beginning, to my parents, to my brother, to the sister (I never knew because she died before my birth), to the parish in Wadowice, where I was baptized, to that city I love, to my peers, friends from elementary school, high school and the university, up to the time of the occupation when I was a worker, and then in the parish of Niegowic, then St. Florian's in Krakow, to the pastoral ministry of academics, . . . to Krakow and to Rome . . . to the people who were entrusted to me in a special way by the Lord."
He also had his personal papers burned. Some have been critical of that action, but remember, much of his corespondence was secret to protect those he communicated with. His communications often was private and sometimes secretive (especially with those in countries where Catholics and other Christians are persecuted).
I would have loved to read some of his inner thoughts as expressed in his notes and letters. However, I suspect his public writing came from the heart and held nothing back.
May He rest in Peace.
Joke of the day. We don't need the safety exits and doors in the big dig tunnel. I bet we spent millions on them, now we're told they're not necessary.
Talk about a bunch of, as Msah 4077th Colonel Sherman T. Potter was fond of saying, "That's horse hockey".
Yet one more story of sprts rage, this one the Barnstable High School hockey coach attacking a referee in a game he was playing in.
We have had an outbreak of criminal assault behavior on hockey rinks all over the area. The violence has not come from youthful players but adults charged with their care. It seems to me the reason we spend millions of our education dollars on sportseach year is teaching sportsmanship and other character traits.
Pardon the unintended pun but we're not getting much bang for our bucks.
Write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2014 (216)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (350)
- ► 2010 (191)
- ► 2009 (295)
- ► 2008 (381)
- ► 2007 (300)
- ► 2006 (409)
- It's Saturday.......680 WRKO when you get up.....s...
- For Friday 4-29-5
- Praise the Lord and vote for me.......
- Dumber than congress...the NCAA
- Early days of computing
- Thanks to WRKO listener for the following.....
- This and That
- Profiles in GOP stupidity
- It's Sunday
- Coming up tomorrow morning on WRKO
- Tomorrow Morning
- Arnie speaks with forked tongue
- Utah gets it right....
- Are all politicians crooks?
- Dominus Vobiscum Benedict XVI
- Doctor Dean
- New Yorkers eat their own.....
- Blowing Smoke: A Black and White Issue
- Run Billy, Run!!!!!
- It's showtime on WRKO Saturday at 5 AM
- Viva John Bolton
- Too much on Arnie's plate. Ditto for Romney
- People in the glass house
- Bad day still good...
- Nice Things
- Dum and Dummer and other things
- Sunday Morning on WRKO
- GOOD MORNING
- The UN.....A Barrell of Warm Spit
- Just a couple of things.....
- An Open Letter to Bill Clinton
- The Minutemen
- I don't want to hurt you, just knock you out....
- Character counts.....
- Dis and Dat for Tuesday.
- Just thinking.......
- Some of this......some of that.....
- The Greatest Gag Job
- Selected quotes of John Paul II
- This is not an April Fools joke or prank.
- ▼ April (41)