Say hello!!!!!!!

Write us at: mvl270@yahoo.com

Friday, April 08, 2005

Just a couple of things.....

Originally written 7 AM
~~~~~~~

Simple words from a great man. Pope John Paul the Great's final will and testament spoke of his foundation:

"As the end of my life approaches," he wrote, "I return with my memory to the beginning, to my parents, to my brother, to the sister (I never knew because she died before my birth), to the parish in Wadowice, where I was baptized, to that city I love, to my peers, friends from elementary school, high school and the university, up to the time of the occupation when I was a worker, and then in the parish of Niegowic, then St. Florian's in Krakow, to the pastoral ministry of academics, . . . to Krakow and to Rome . . . to the people who were entrusted to me in a special way by the Lord."

He also had his personal papers burned. Some have been critical of that action, but remember, much of his corespondence was secret to protect those he communicated with. His communications often was private and sometimes secretive (especially with those in countries where Catholics and other Christians are persecuted).

I would have loved to read some of his inner thoughts as expressed in his notes and letters. However, I suspect his public writing came from the heart and held nothing back.

May He rest in Peace.

~~~~~~~

Joke of the day. We don't need the safety exits and doors in the big dig tunnel. I bet we spent millions on them, now we're told they're not necessary.

Talk about a bunch of, as Msah 4077th Colonel Sherman T. Potter was fond of saying, "That's horse hockey".

~~~~~~~

Yet one more story of sprts rage, this one the Barnstable High School hockey coach attacking a referee in a game he was playing in.

We have had an outbreak of criminal assault behavior on hockey rinks all over the area. The violence has not come from youthful players but adults charged with their care. It seems to me the reason we spend millions of our education dollars on sportseach year is teaching sportsmanship and other character traits.

Pardon the unintended pun but we're not getting much bang for our bucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Jerry Williams

Hi Moe,

Between 6 AM and 7 AM, you mentioned Jerry Williams and you asked if anyone knew the name of his company, to call in. I listened for the answer but I never heard it. Did anyone guess the name of the company? Please let me know the name of the company. Thank you and have a good day. Mary from Boston, MA

KATHY S said...

HI MOE
SAT AM YOU MENTIONED A WEB SITE THAT HAD A PICTURE OF THE POPE.
COULD YOU TELL ME THE SITE AGAIN

THANKS

Blog Archive

issues