Johnnie L. Cochran departed this world after suffering from a brain tumor. He was afflicted for quite some time and had been diagnosed as having an incurable tumor of the brain. He knew well in advnce of his death the end was approaching.
I hope he made his peace with his God and is now at his final reward.
However, I wonder if people like Mr. Cochran feel pangs of guilt for going above and beyond in defending the likes of OJ Simpson? It is reported he once told a producer that Simpson "had lost it" and was in a state of denial about the murder of his wife and Ron Goldman.
Bob Shapiro, one of the dream team lawyers says Johnnie dealt the race card from the bottom of the deck in the Simpson trial. Did Cochran ever regret doing that?
We'll never know.
Funny thing, the lawyer who saved the life of Liz Borden here in Massachusetts in the 1890s did similar things in reverse. He kept reminding the jury of her status. After the trial he locked away his files, records and notes so we would never really know whether she was really guilty of slaughtering her Mom and Dad in much the same way OJ did in his victims.
Killers and lawyers never change. Their treatment of the truth crosses social and racial lines. Do whatever you can to spring your guilty client.
Write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2014 (336)
- ► 2013 (380)
- ► 2012 (350)
- ► 2010 (191)
- ► 2009 (295)
- ► 2008 (381)
- ► 2007 (300)
- ► 2006 (409)
- Patrick, Terri and George
- Forward to the past......1984
- A few years ago I took my kids to a movie called "...
- OJ Simpson and Lizzy Borden
- Saint Joan? Maybe.
- Judging the judges....
- Things to chew on
- Not the same
- It's here.....
- Sunday Is Garden Show time on 680 WRKO
- This morning on WRKO
- HOORAY......IT'S SATURDAY MORNING
- Gettin' ready for Saturday morning.......
- Different things.....
- Thoughts on the Schiavo dilemma.....
- Legal travesty or human tragedy?
- Dis and Dat
- Pray for a gentle death for Terri Schiavo
- Wake up call
- They done right.....
- Morning Rant
- Balance an egg on end. Only opn the WRKO Gardening...
- SEX OFFENDER SITES
- Sex offender list
- Some thoughts
- See ya this aft, dad.....
- Propoganda? Yes and so what?
- Major League Baseball Lied!!!!!!!!
- A Reid in the Wind......
- Veritas Wimps.....
- Will she or won't she????......
- Americans need not beg the government to grant fre...
- Saturday Morning on WRKO
- PC Run amok
- Ban the roids......
- Friday Bits and Pieces
- Illegal's settlement
- The President and Social Security reform
- Congress throws curve at baseball
- President names the right man to UN.....
- I was just thinking (a novel treat).....
- Careful, R-rated contents.....
- The Ten Commandments
- GOP's Black Strategy
- Fair and balanced coverage..........
- Saturday Morning on 680WRKO
- Kerry Strikes Again
- By George, He's Right!
- Sorry Rudy
- Gods in black robes.....
- A Sea Change
- Infected with freedom.......
- They Never Learn!
- ▼ March (53)